W.O. ZS61 on HH bird photography

MinWage

W.O. ZS61 on HH bird photography

Post by MinWage » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:42 am

Got my HH mount about a week ago and have been really enjoying it so far. HH works great for astronomy but I was also really interested in using it for backyard bird photography. The ability to fine-tune the axis friction with the lever clamps has been of a game-changer for me. Minor changes in balance caused by re-focusing can be dialed in instantly with a nudge on the clamps. HH goes where I point it and then stays there. Very happy so far!

Not the first person on the forums to pair the ZS61 with the HH but will post a picture anyway in case it helps others. I remove the handle when using the camera (Canon D60a). The handle fits in the "stowed" position but still interfered with the shutter button and front selection wheel.
Attachments
HH_ZS61.jpg
HH_ZS61.jpg (196.66 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
jay.jpg
jay.jpg (238.16 KiB) Viewed 1348 times

alt-az-builder

Re: W.O. ZS61 on HH bird photography

Post by alt-az-builder » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:22 pm

Thanks for sharing the view of your photography setup. It is very handsome, indeed. And I really appreciate you sharing one of your birding photos. There is a birding section of the User Group -- and I think it would be really neat if you shared your birding photos on a regular basis in that section.

Charles

alt-az-builder

Re: W.O. ZS61 on HH bird photography

Post by alt-az-builder » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:29 pm

Such a fine looking rig!!!

Charles