A little footwork ...

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
alt-az-builder
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

A little footwork ...

Post by alt-az-builder » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:28 pm

I removed the fixed mounting foot from my AT 72 and drilled/tapped a new 1/4-20 attachment hole just ahead of the existing aft attachment hole. The provided forward attachment hole is almost 1-1/2 inch in front of the aft attachment hole. Using a screw in both holes to attach the quick-plate positioned the quick-plate very far forward -- on a scope that balances very far aft! The 1/4-20 attachment hole that I added to the foot allows using two screws to hold the quick-plate in a much more favorable position more to the rear of the scope.

This simple modification is not difficult -- and might be useful for any scope with a fixed mounting foot and a balance point that is actually located inside the focuser -- very far to the rear of the optical tube.

Charles
Hitch_Hiker_007.jpg
Hitch_Hiker_007.jpg (138.45 KiB) Viewed 1390 times

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable