Summary of Hitch Hiker Features:
- Provides precise control for fast, accurate photo composition.
- Well-defined axes maintain image orientation. Uniform rotations. No locking to hold position. Smoothness of a fluid-head.
- Payload platform version weighs only 2.56 pounds. Side-saddle version weighs only 2.05 pounds. Folds compactly.
- Versatility to be full-time tripod head. Low weight rivals ball-heads -- but provides far greater function.
- CNC machined aircraft-grade alloys. Anodized finish. Rigid; precise; beautiful.
- Lever-operated controls instantly fine-tune "feel" of axes for every situation.
- Accommodates loads to 8 pounds on the payload platform. Side-saddle (for scopes and lenses with rotating mounting collars) provides load capacity of 12 pounds . These are useful, realistic load limits -- not fictions.
- Fore/aft adjustable payload platform eliminates reliance on long quick-plates.
- Retractable guide-handle provides precise motion control. Angle adjustable. Easily removable. Knurled grip.
- Retractable payload platform extends to hold wide loads like binoculars.
- Fast, secure lever-operated quick-plate clamp built into the side-saddle and payload platform.
- Quick-plates drop straight into the clamp and do not require tedious insertion from the end of the clamp.
- Internal safety-stop system when used with our quick-plates.
- Optional locking pin prevents accidental opening of quick-plate clamp when carrying instruments on the mount.
- Camera rotation device built into the payload platform shifts from landscape to portrait orientation in seconds without disturbing two-axis balance. Device can be set to any angle between zero and ninety degrees.
- RAM-ball integrated into yoke for easy attachment of a smart-phone or GPS via a RAM bracket (not included).
- Allows aiming equipment straight-up or straight-down -- without gravity-induced flop.
- Engraved azimuth scale to aid in spacing panoramic photos.
- Attaches to tripod via standard 3/8-16 screw.
- Warranted for two years against defects in materials and workmanship.
- Made in USA.
The Side-Saddle version of the Hitch Hiker can be used for telephoto
lenses with rotating mounting collars as well as astronomical telescopes
and spotting scopes with rotating focusers or rotating mounting collars.
The Side-Saddle option offers more rigid support while reducing the
Hitch Hiker's weight to less than 2.1 pounds. And the Side-Saddle
version is more compact for transport and storage. Note that the Hitch
Hiker can be configured with either the Payload Platform option or the
Side-Saddle option -- allowing users to switch from one configuration to